Drama, drama and more drama

It's been a loooooooooooooooong day. Did I say it was long?

I keep repeating to myself "I love my big family, I love my big family, I love my big family" Maybe if I say it enough, I'll actually believe it.

Wake was open casket, we were expecting closed. It's okay, they did a great job. However, mom did not look like mom because a. she never wore full makeup, only lipstick and b. she was not smiling. It was extremely rare to see mom without a smile.

Some of the interesting events today:
1. Brother called me and asked me to come by the hotel and pick him up, because youngest sister told him to. Nope, she didn't. I already was not driving my car and taking husbands-mine seats 4, his 5 and we were full up with 5. Brother got petulant "I knew it was a mistake to come down here." Suck it up and pay the 15 bucks for a taxi! I was going to take two cars, hubby wouldn't hear of it. Instead, we went to the funeral home and I drove back to the hotel (getting three messages from my brother in the process that nobody had bothered to pick him up). Next time, you get strapped to the roof, bucko!

2. Brother called the sister that is persona non grata (assumed another sister's identity, forged mom's signature and pretended to be mom to buy a car, among other things) to tell her mom had died. Her husband said "no, she's adopted". She's also an ordained minister. I want to know which church ordains those who don't honor their parents and try to bed other sister's husbands (yep, this DID happen!). She obviously is not coming to pay her respects.

3. Sister who racked up over 10k in credit card debt on mom's credit cards is clueless to why my stepdad is giving her the cold shoulder.

4. "Legacy" called another sister crying that I didn't offer to buy her a plane ticket, but I bought one for my brother (not true) and offered one for the sister she called. "No one bothered to ask how *my* financial affairs are!" she complained. "Legacy's" daughter was called by this sibling and was outed for the drama she has caused. Legacy was offered a plane ticket by her daughter, and then it all tumbled out that she wasn't welcome because everyone thought she was a money grubbing vulture (if the shoe fits...).

Daughter called me, and said she was tired of the she said/she said bullshit. I prefaced my comments with "you know how your mother is when she drinks" and proceeded to explain all the events since August. She must've shut her mother down, because flowers showed up to the funeral home an hour later with all their names on them.

5. I feel like the babysitter of the two siblings that are not in stepdad's good graces-I've got to keep them away to keep the peace. The difficult part is that stepdad wants me and hubby to come to the luncheon after the burial, and I can't ditch them-I'm their friggin taxi right now. I've apologized to him that I'm not around, but I am keeping them away because I know how he feels.

Give me strength! At least I can get through one more day of the three ring circus that comes to town with my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously