Socrates and I Me My

To continue the drama...

Dinner was consumed, (Socrates had 10 beers in 4 hours, but I think I mentioned that already), and socializing ensued. Around 9, I ask my friend to accompany me on the drive to the hotel so that I'd have company on the way back. I'm so sorry I did, but lucky for Socrates that she was there.

Socrates proceeds to complain in the car that stepdad disrespected him, nobody in the family understands him, blah, blah, blah. All "Poor, me" bullshit. I try to explain WHY stepdad would be mad (Legacy's lies about a past event). He kept saying "Yeah, but..." and would not listen to my explanation that if someone was feeding Mom and stepdad BS and they weren't hearing his side, they'd believe the rather big lie. I got fed up with the "Yeah, but..." and not listening to me and told him to shut the fuck up and listen to me. He apparently doesn't like yelling and I gave him a raft of grief about the fact that it wasn't about HIM. Then he goes on about the family friend that 'tried to adopt him and wanted to take him away from Mom' that died a few years ago.

Socrates then went on to complain that everybody in the family lies (hmmm, I'm a part of the family, so I guess that means I'm lying, too), and that he doesn't trust any of us. This, my friends, did not go over well with me. Here I am, with my brother calling me a liar when I've spent the past two weeks disseminating the truth to everyone about how things were here. If my friend wasn't in the car, I would have pulled over on the interstate and dropped him off.

I ended up apologizing to placate him, even though he still wasn't listening to me. Friend was saying it was like the dynamic in her marriage...Socrates thinks he's right, the worlds wrong and you can talk until you're blue in the face, you know jackshit. I apologized to keep the peace-when I wasn't the one insulting him by calling him a liar.

So, we drop Socrates off at the hotel and he gives me and friend hugs "since he won't see us for a while". We make some sort of peace, although I didn't have plans to talk to him again anytime soon. I still think he's a schmuck about all this, and he's ungrateful for anything that any human being does for him. Still no thanks for driving 40 miles to drive him to the hotel. I'm sure he walked away saying I'm a bitch.

Okay, so I ask friend what time she thinks Socrates will call me in the morning. Her impression was that our parting was pretty final. I had to stop by step dad's to bring youngest another duffel bag for all the 50 cent shirts she found (nice tee's, btw. She's murder on shirts) and regale her and step sis with Socrate's garbage. I need to be back here at 7:30 to take youngest to the airport, so we depart rather quickly.

This morning, I was up and out by 6:30, get youngest (man, I need to find a nickname for her, probably Giggles will work). I tell Giggles the part of the story I neglected last night, brother bringing up the would be adoptive parent. She fumes that our mother died and all he can think about is this other woman 'understood him' and we don't. We also talk about Legacy, other relations and the garbage they've pulled. We talk about YAGEing Legacy..."I just called to say I hate you, I just called to say you're a friggin drunk" to the tune of Stevie Wonder's song came up. Yes, she wanted to call Legacy to tell her she wouldn't be speaking to her again.

Gotta make another Jitney bus run. Final installment of the Socrates novella in a few..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously